Climate change action
Last year the Council declared a climate emergency and set targets of becoming a carbon neutral organisation by 2030 and a zero-carbon by 2050.
We want Wandsworth to the greenest inner London borough, taking action on climate change will not only improve the daily lives of our community but will preserve our borough for generations to come.
To reach these ambitious targets, Wandsworth Council have detailed a strategy outlining actions that will help tackle climate change in our borough.
The action plan sets out seven major themes including:
- Sustainable transport
- Air Quality
- Energy management
- Urban Greening and open spaces
- Waste management
- Water management and flooding resilience
- Planning and sustainable development
Our action plan
Wandsworth Council has committed to lead the way, but we cannot do this alone. Change will require collaboration and commitment across the borough.
Our climate change blog
Latest blog posts:
- My green hero - Zaqiya of SwopItUp
- My green heroes - Michelle Parkes and Dermont Kavanagh of Plogolution