Notification of legal interest in a property
If you have a legal interest in a property you are entitled to be told of any licensing matters to do with it. Once you have notified us we will tell you about any changes made to the licensing register that may affect the property.
You have a legal interest in a premises if:
- You are the freeholder or leaseholder of the property
- You have a legal mortgage on the premises
- You live on the premises
- You have a designated interest in the premises
The legal licensing register includes details of all licences issued, together with a record of relevant matters, including:
- Any application made for the grant of a premises licence
- Any surrender of a premises licence
- Variation of a premises licence
- Variation of the designated premises supervisor (DPS)
- Request from DPS for removal from licence
- Transfer of premises licence
- Interim authority notices
- Review of premises licence
- Application for a club premises certificate
- Any surrender of a club premises certificate
- Variation of a club premises certificate
- Review of a club premises certificate
- Temporary event notices received
The notification must be accompanied by the prescribed fee.
How to register your interest
You can register your interest in one of two ways:
- Complete the form online (GOV.UK)
- Save a copy of the completed form for your own records
- Make the payment using a debit or credit card
- Download and complete the application form
- Keep a copy of the completed form for your own records
- Choose your method of payment
You should note that the application process will not start until the fee is received.
What happens next?
As soon as we receive your notification, we will check to ensure that the notice is valid.
If we identify a problem
If there is a minor problem with the notice, we may contact you for further information or may return the notice to you for correction. Where there is a fundamental error, the notice may be rejected.
Once the notification is given
We will let you know once we have registered your interest. If there are any changes to the licensing register, we will let you know in writing. The notification lasts for 12 months, and will need to be renewed after this time.