Loan or grant finance for businesses
Small Business Rate Relief
You may be eligible for up to 50% Small Business Rate Relief if the rateable value of your property is below £5,000.
Regional and national resources
The following websites are possible sources of finance for businesses but there is no advance commitment, and all applications will be subject to each organisation's application and assessment criteria.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Enterprise Grants are available to small and medium sized businesses in assisted areas. For more information, view Get help and support for your business (GOV.UK) for sources of finance. Explore Government funding for UK small businesses
- Grants Online: provides a comprehensive service with information on grant funding opportunities from the European Union, UK Government Agencies, the lottery as well as Grant Making Trusts & Foundations
- Funding Circle: An online marketplace to help businesses find fast finance, and investors get better returns. There are no middlemen and no banks and the process involves an open exchange with detailed real-time information help obtain the best deal for your needs
- Fredericks Foundation: Delivering a London Start up Fund, for disadvantaged entrepreneurs
- HM Revenue and Customs: Tax Incentives for small and medium-sized companies. There is a possibility of initial first year business start up allowances from HM Revenue and Customs
- j4b UK: A grants database for Government and European funding for small and medium sized businesses
- Jobcentre Plus: Offering the New Enterprise Allowance (NEA) to help unemployed people start their own businesses. Support includes access to a volunteer business mentor who should provide guidance and support to help develop a business plan and then through the early months of trading. Once an applicant has a viable business plan he/she should be able to access some modest financial support. For more information, read Starting or running your own business (GOV.UK)
- Overseas Trade Services: Contact Department for International Trade (DIT)