Wandsworth Local Fund
A new report on how the Wandsworth Local Fund has been spent and what projects have been delivered was produced in Spring 2018.
The Wandsworth Local Fund (WLF) is the neighbourhood portion of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL).
CIL is a charge the Council issues (mainly on new homes and developments) to pay for the infrastructure needed to support growth in the borough.
Most of the funds will be spent on borough-wide, strategic CIL projects, but 15 per cent must be spent on projects that take into account the views of the neighbourhood where the new development has been built.
Five waves of projects have been approved between 2015 and 2018 amounting to £7.3 million.
Over 400 individuals and organisations responded to our consultation in June 2018 on how WLF money should be spent, with the following borough-wide priorities being identified:
(a) Improvement of public spaces including protecting biodiversity
(b) Improving community safety
(c) Street improvements such as the redesign pavements, up lighting, tree planting, cycling facilities and street furniture
(d) Investing in sports and leisure facilities
(e) Improving traffic and parking
Wandsworth Local Fund Neighbourhoods
See the funds available in the Wandsworth neighbourhood areas. These have been rounded to the nearest £10,000:
- Balham (temporarily currently closed to applications due to insufficient funds)
- Battersea - £440,000
- Putney - £710,000
- Nine Elms (currently closed to applications as the wider redevelopment programme is established)
- Tooting - £190,000
- Wandsworth (currently closed to applicants due to insufficient funds)
Wave 7 of the WLF will be open to applications from Wednesday 1 May until Monday 1 July, inclusive.
To apply for a Wave 7 project please contact your local Councillor in the first instance.
The application must meet the criteria set out in the Information Pack.
- Wandsworth Local Fund application form
- Wandsworth Local Fund guidance notes
- Wandsworth Local Fund information pack for Wave Seven applications
Completed application forms should be sent to WLF@wandsworth.gov.uk.
Projects must meet the following criteria:
- Should not have any extra revenue implications to the Council
- Estimated total cost of scheme should typically be over £20,000
- Should not cost more than the levy income available
- Should be able to be started within the year ahead
- Must receive endorsement by at least two ward members from the relevant neighbourhood, with more weight given to those schemes with a greater proportion of member support
- Will be considered more favourably if they benefit a greater number of residents/businesses
- Must demonstrate that all other forms of funding have been considered
- Must demonstrate that it is value for money
This page will be kept updated with relevant information about the WLF.
If you require further information, please email WLF@wandsworth.gov.uk.