What bulky and DIY items we can collect
What we do collect
Items collected by the Bulky Waste Collection Service:
- Items of household waste that are too big for the bin
- Household garden waste in excess of five bags per week.
- Anything that is fixed to a wall or the floor such as: carpet, skirting boards, built in wardrobes, wooden – fencing, sheds, kitchen cupboards, baths, bath units – for example, sink, toilet, shower panels, shelves – screwed to walls, tiles, blinds
What we don't collect
Items that cannot be collected by the Bulky Waste Collection Service:
- Anything that cannot be lifted safely by two people e.g. sofa beds. If you may need such items collected, break them down into pieces that can be safely lifted beforehand
- Bricks, soil, rubble or stones (small amounts can be delivered to the household waste and recycling centre in Smugglers Way)
- Paint (see household chemicals)
- Rubbish produced by workmen employed in your home
- Car batteries, engines or other parts
Find out how you can dispose of other items
Use our A-Z of recycling tool.