How to own your own home
Published: Thursday, September 16, 2021
The council’s Home Ownership team will be holding an online web chat on Sept 23 with information and advice on schemes to specifically help Wandsworth council tenants get on the housing ladder.
Tenants joining the event will be able to take part in a webchat to speak to an advisor about schemes including:
- Right to Buy – Buying the council home you currently live in with a discount of up to £112,800
- Right to Part Buy – Buying an initial quarter or half share of the home you currently live in with a discount proportionate to the share you purchase.
- House Purchase Grant (Portable Discount) – Buying a property of your choice, on the private market anywhere in the UK or abroad, with the assistance of a means tested grant to provide gap funding of up to £120,000 towards the purchase. Alternatively, the grant can be used to extend the UK home of a relative or used as a deposit towards a shared ownership property in the UK.
- Shared Ownership – Part buy, part rent a new build property within the borough (tenants can use their HPG towards this option and will receive priority)
- Intermediate Rent (IMR) - rent a brand new property or home that is being re-let at approximately 80% of the market rate
You will be able to receive advice on whether you are eligible for the schemes, plus further information on how they work and how you can apply.
Home Ownership Webchat
Sept 23, 2021, 2pm-5pm
Alternatively, to find out further information on the schemes or if you have any other queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to speak to an advisor call 020 8871 6161.