Get ready for Christmas
Published: Friday, November 26, 2021
Town Centre Christmas events continue this weekend, with events around the borough.
The council has organised a programme of events and supported community celebrations to welcome in the festive season and encourage people to shop in their local town centres this Christmas.
The Wandsworth Town Christmas Festival is on Saturday November 27 and will include a day of events around the town centre, including Riverside Radio and live music near the station, Christmas stalls on Old York Road, festive food trucks and live performances in Ram Quarter and a lights ceremony at All Saints Church. Find out more.
Other events include
- Clapham Junction lights switch on, 6pm
- Northcote Road Business Network tree switch on, 5pm.
- Northcote Road Business Network Christmas event,
- Balham Christmas tree switch on, Bedford Hill Place, 4.30pm.
- Battersea Square Menorah lit
- Roehampton Tree switch-on and lantern parade, 4pm, bottom of Danebury Avenue
- Southfields Tree switch-on, 4.30pm, Replingham Road
- Battersea High Street Christmas lights event, 4pm- 7pm (tree switch-on 5pm)December 3
- Battersea Bridge Road tree switch-on, 6pm
- Balham Community Market, 11am-5pm
- Upper Richmond Road Christmas Fayre, 11am-3pm
- Tooting tree switch-on, Church Lane, 4.30pm
- Battersea Square Tree switch-on, 6.30pm
- Furzedown tree switch-on, 4pm
- Bellevue Road tree switch on, 4.30pm
The council's business spokesman Cllr Rhodri Morgan said: "There's a real bumper crop of events this year all over the borough. Please get out into your local town centre, enjoy the fun and shop local this Christmas."
Find out more and read about other events, including Christmas markets.