Wonderful weekends in Battersea Park
Published: Friday, May 24, 2019
On every Saturday and Sunday in June Battersea Park will be hosting a different activity which all the family can enjoy.
It is all part of the council’s celebration of its great parks under the #LoveParksWandsworth banner, which will see more than 250 park-related events taking place in Wandsworth’s parks until the end of September.
- June 1, 10am-6pm: Climbing wall and surfing simulator. Prices start at £3
- June 2, 12noon-4pm: Afternoon tea at the Bandstand. Tables are available for up to an hour. Book your table
- June 8, from 10.30am: Free live screening of England Vs Bangladesh in the Cricket World Cup
- June 9: All day outdoor children’s cinema with screenings at 10am 1pm, 4pm and 7pm. The films are still to be confirmed and the cost will be free for babes in arms, £7 (children aged three to 15), and £10 for over 15s.
- June 15, 11am-8.30pm: Live at the Bandstand. Throughout the day various groups and singers will be performing, plus children’s activities
- June 16, 10am-4pm: Outdoor family activities, including make your own Father’s Day card, penalty shootouts, inflatable darts, ‘golfarama’, face painting and much more. You can just turn up on the day with prices starting at £3
- June 22, 10.30am-4.30pm: Inflatable assault course and dodgems. Prices start at £1
- June 23: Battersea Park Dog Show and Armed Forces Day. There will be a host of pedigree and novelty classes, plus family activities including dodgems and face painting
- June 29: Silent yoga. This immersive yoga experience will take place in the heart of Battersea Park and will provide an oasis of calm from the stress of city living. Headphones will be provided, just bring your own mat. Cost is £10 per person. Book your place
- June 30, from 10am: Free live screening of England Vs India in the Cricket World Cup
Food and drink will be served every Saturday and Sunday in June in the Bowling Green from 11am to 8.30pm.
Cabinet member for community services and open spaces Cllr Steffi Sutters said: “This summer we are celebrating our precious green spaces and encouraging residents to get out and enjoy them. We’ve made sure there’s something going on every single weekend in Battersea Park so do go along, have fun and enjoy this beautiful local asset.”
Stay in touch and send your pictures on Twitter and Instagram at @LoveParksWandsworth and @Wandbc and by using the hashtag #LoveParksWandsworth