Event to keep older people safe and well
Published: Thursday, January 24, 2019
The borough’s older residents can get tips on avoiding scams and keeping fit and well at a second Senior Citizens Community Event.
Where: St Andrew’s Church, Waynefleet Street (off Garratt Lane), SW18 3QG
When: January 29, 2019, 10.30am-1.30pm
Anyone can just turn up to the free event – no need to book. It follows a previous successful event in Southfields last September. Highlights include
- Find out about Age UK Wandsworth, Wandsworth Carers Centre and the Wandsworth Older People’s Forum and how they can help you.
- Learn more about animal welfare
- Get advice from Action Fraud on avoiding frauds and scams
- Learn more about person safety
- Find out about activities on offer in the Active Lifestyles scheme
- Hear from a local solicitor service
The day is being organised by Wandsworth Council, Age UK Wandsworth and Wandsworth Police.
The council’s health and social care spokesman Cllr Paul Ellis said: “People who attended September’s event told us they found it very helpful, so we are pleased to give people another chance to get the information they need to stay safe and well – including tips on how to avoid being conned and information on organisations that provide free support to older residents.”