Event to keep older people safe and well
Published: 31 August 2018
The borough’s older residents can get tips on avoiding scams and keeping fit and well this winter at the Senior Citizens Community Event.
Where: St Michael’s Church, Granville Road, Southfields
When: Wednesday September 12, 1.45pm-3.30pm
Anyone can just turn up to the free event – no need to book. Highlights include:
- Chat to Age UK Wandsworth about how they can help you
- Listen to a talk on avoiding fraud and scams – include online scams and bogus tradesmen
- Discover the free support available to stop smoking
- Find out about free schemes to get you more active
- Get personal safety tips
- Find out about the annual Winter Warmth Project
The day is being organised by Wandsworth Council, Age UK Wandsworth and Wandsworth Police.
The council’s health and social care spokesman Cllr Paul Ellis said: “The dark nights and colder weather can be worrying for older people, but we want to give them the tools they need to protect themselves from conmen and scammers and get support to improve their health.
“The event is completely free and all you have to do is just turn up.”