Apply now for settled status

Published: Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Wandsworth residents who are EU citizens now have just over a month left to apply for Settled Status.  

Share this

The council commissions Citizens Advice Wandsworth to help people apply. The team will be holding a free information event on June 16 where you can go along to speak to advisor. There will be advisers speaking Romanian, Italian, and French and interpreters will be available for other languages 

If you or someone in your family is an EU National, you have until June 30 to apply for settled or pre-settled status and secure your right to live, work, study and receive benefits and services in the UK.    

You need to apply even if you:  

  • are a child  
  • have a (blue) Permanent Residence document  
  • have lived in the UK for many years or are married to a British national  
  • have children that are British  
  • are a non-EEA citizen and have an EEA Residence card/ Family Permit

Mihaela, a dual Romanian and UK national, contacted Citizens Advice Wandsworth in November 2020 to understand whether her mother can obtain pre-settled status after she moved in with her from Romania to help look after her baby. A Romanian-speaking adviser helped her to successfully apply.  

She said: "I had a very good response and follow ups. I was impressed with the support received and the information provided by the adviser. I advise all EU nationals to contact the EU Project Team to understand their rights in the UK." 

Council leader Cllr Ravi Govindia said: “If you are an EU citizen it is imperative that you take action now to secure your status. You are valued members of our community, and, together with Citizens Advice Wandsworth, we are doing all we can to help you understand the system and make an application.” 

The EU Advice Session will be on June 16 at Citizens Advice Roehampton Centre , Picasso Building, Mount Clare, Minstead Gardens. SW15 4EE. Go along any time between 11am and 6pm and take your passport and National Insurance Number, if you have one.  

Contact the Citizens Advice EU Project team: