Equality in Wandsworth
Wandsworth is a diverse borough where the majority of residents feel that people from different backgrounds get on well together.
As part of this we, as a council, are fully committed to equal opportunities both as a provider of services to our residents and businesses and as an employer.
In particular, we will ensure that no service user is discriminated against (indirectly, directly or by association) on the grounds of race, sex, gender reassignment, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief, HIV status, or disability.
We do this by:
- reviewing who uses our services in order to identify any gaps,
- using Equality Impact Assessments to ensure our Councillors are aware of the equality impact of decisions they are considering. These are collated on our Equality Information page and published individually as part of the Overview and Scrutiny agenda,
- using national data to identify any trends or issues we need to be aware of,
- reviewing and monitoring our workforce profile,
- working towards a set of strategic equality objectives, and
- recognising our responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector Equality Duty 2011.
Equalities Impact Assessments