Secondary school admissions
Transfer to secondary school 2019
Please note this important information about the secondary school admissions process for 2019 transfer:
- The Wandsworth Year 6 Admissions Test will now be in September.
- The specialist tests for Ashcroft Technology Academy, Chestnut Grove Academy and Saint Cecilia's Church of England School will also be in September.
- School open days and evenings start in June
Find out more about the secondary school admissions process for 2019 entry.
School open days and evenings start in June.
The admission criteria for Wandsworth secondary schools for 2019 transfer have been finalised. View the determined school admission arrangements 2019-20 for more information.
Year 6 Admissions Test
The Wandsworth Year 6 Admissions Test will be held in September 2018 for children starting secondary school in 2019.
You must register your child for the test if:
- You are considering applying for a place at Ashcroft Technology Academy or Chestnut Grove Academy or a selective (ability) place at Burntwood School, Ernest Bevin College or Graveney School; and
- Your child attends an independent school, a state primary school outside of Wandsworth or is educated otherwise.
Online registration opens on 2 July 2018. The closing date for registration is 7 September 2018.
If your child attends a state primary school in Wandsworth, he/she will take the test at school and there is no need to register for the test.
Find out more about the Year 6 test.
Specialist Aptitude Tests
The specialist aptitude tests for Ashcroft Technology Academy, Chestnut Grove Academy, and Saint Cecilia's Church of England School are also moving to September.
The deadline for the submission of specialist place SIFs direct to the schools are as follows:
- Ashcroft Technology Academy - 14 September 2018
- Chestnut Grove Academy - 7 September 2018
- Saint Cecilia's Church of England School - 7 September 2018
Transfer to Secondary School 2018
Outcomes for September 2018 transfer
If you applied online you will be emailed the outcome of your application on the evening of 1 March 2018. If you apply on a paper form you will be sent an outcome letters by first class mail on 1 March 2018.
You will also be sent a notification letter if it has not been possible to offer your first preference school. The notification letter will provided detailed information about the outcome of your application and what do next.
- How places were offered for September 2018
- Previous years' admissions to Wandsworth secondary schools
- Information about previous years' test scores
Waiting List positions
If your application was unsuccessful, you can look up your waiting list position online.
Appeal a decision
Applications for 2018 transfer
The closing date for applications for a secondary school place passed on 31 October 2017.
If your child is in Year 6 at primary school, and you have not already applied for a secondary school place, you should do so immediately.
Read the Choose a Wandsworth secondary school booklet for full information about the admissions process and the admission criteria for each Wandsworth school. You can also read our information leaflet for key dates and information meetings.
Independent schools are not funded by the council.
There are a variety of Independent Schools in Wandsworth or within easy reach of the borough. All the schools included within this section offer the possibility of financial assistance in the form of bursaries or scholarships.
A brochure is available for parents called Choose an Independent School.