Resident visitor permits
You must supply proof of residence and proof of age/disabled badge (if applicable) with your application form.
Proof of residence is not required if you already have a current resident permit unless you are applying in person at the local libraries.
Photocopies are acceptable for postal applications however, if you are making your application in person, original documentation must be provided.
Proof of residence
One of the following will be acceptable. The document must show your name and Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) address. If providing one of the bills listed below, it must be addressed to and refer to the CPZ address:
- Driving licence - the DVLA abolished paper counterparts for photo card driving licences in June 2015. Original paper driving licences that have not yet transferred to a photo card licence are still valid.
- Current council tax bill.
- Valid 12 month home contents insurance schedule.
- State pension or benefit book - the following letters, dated within the current financial year, will be accepted: state pension, child benefit, housing or council tax benefit, income support and unemployment benefit.
- Landline telephone bill - must show the landline telephone number and be dated within the last three months.
- Gas or electricity bill - must be dated within the last three months. We do not accept water bills or letters from utility companies.
- Current television licence.
- Current Council/Housing Association tenancy agreement and a rent statement showing recent payments.
- Current 6 or 12 month estate agent's tenancy agreement - the agreement must be signed and dated by all parties, show the name of the estate agent and be valid for at least a month at the time of application. Private tenancy agreements will not be accepted.
- Bank statement, dated within the last three months.
- Credit card statement, dated within the last three months.
Proof of age or disability (applicable to age related and disabled blue badge discounts only)
In order to qualify for the reduced permit charge, you must produce confirmation that you are aged 70 or over, (or that you are aged between 65 and 70 and received the discount between 1 January 2007 and 30 September 2012) or that you hold a valid disabled blue badge.
One of the following will be acceptable:
- Your passport
- Your birth certificate
- Your driving licence the DVLA abolished paper counterparts for photo card driving licences in June 2015. Original paper driving licences that have not yet transferred to a photo card licence are still valid.
- Any other official document that shows your age or date of birth.
- A valid disabled blue badge
- Disabled persons freedom pass
If you have just moved in to a CPZ zone and are unable to supply the required proofs as set out above, you can buy a maximum of 10 visitors' parking permits, by supplying one of the following:
- Tenancy agreement (estate/letting agency only)
- Recent bank statement or letter from bank
- Recent utility bill
- Recent credit card statement
- Recent mobile phone bill
- Proof of purchase of property - completion letter from solicitor.
Please note that this only relates to resident visitor permit scratch cards, and is not applicable for the online paperless visitor permits (PVPs).