Domestic parking bay suspension
Apply for a domestic parking bay suspension
Use this form to apply for the suspension of a domestic parking bay only (Not to be used for bay suspensions associated with Skip Materials or Structure Licences)
Before you start
Ensure you have read and understood the criteria for suspensions before completing and submitting this application form.
You must also read the information below.
We do not count Bank and Public Holidays or Saturday and Sundays as notification days, so you should take these into account when making a request.
- You are required to apply five clear working days before you want the licence to start. The day of submission is not included in the notice period.
- Your application must be received by 3pm on the day of submission for it to be accepted for that day. If your application is received after this time it will be deemed as received the next working day therefore the start date will change.
- The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the application form has been received by the Licensing/Suspensions Team, and must contact the team on 020 8871 8871 after submission to ensure the application has been received.
- All the information requested must be fully completed as we will return your application form if it is incomplete.
- Submission of the form is not an agreement or confirmation of the suspension request.
- We will refuse applications if we deem the location is unsuitable.
- We will refuse applications if the bay has already been suspended by another applicant.
- The number of parking bays requested for the first day must remain the same for all consecutive days.
All fees are valid from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
Suspension within a Controlled Parking Zone:
- First Day: £34.20 (per 5 metre space)
- Additional Consecutive Days: £27.70 (per 5 metre space)
Yellow Line Waiver:
- £49.80 (First 5 metre space per day)
- £16.40 (each additional 5 metre space per day)
What happens next
After submission, it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the application form has been received by the Licensing/Suspensions Team, and must contact the team on 020 8871 8871 after submission to ensure the application has been received. We will advise you how to make your payment at this stage.
Once your application has been processed and payment has been collected you will receive a confirmation via email.
Suspension must be used for the purpose for which has been approved by the Council.
Parking may not be resumed if a job is completed earlier than anticipated as the bay remains suspended for the reason and duration shown on the sign.
Find out how we suspend parking spaces.
Cancellations and alterations