Apply to claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction

Use our online form to make a Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction claim.

Before you start

Housing Benefit is being replaced by Universal Credit. You should check whether you are eligible for Housing Benefit before beginning a claim.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction are means tested benefits. You can check your entitlement to Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction before making a claim by using our benefit calculator.

Make a claim

To make a claim, will need to provide us with information on:

  • You and your home
  • Your earnings
  • Your pensions, benefits, allowances and tax credits
  • Your capital, savings and investments
  • Other income
  • Your outgoings


If you are unable to access the online form and/or need help to complete the online form please call 020 8871 6000.

Make a claim

By post

You can apply by post if you prefer.

Download, print and complete our claim form, or contact us and we will send a copy to you.

Post your completed form to:
Wandsworth Council
Benefits Service
PO Box 500
SW18 2PN

Got a question?

Web chat available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm