Covid-19 Response Fund
The deadline for applications has now passed.
Wandsworth Council recognises the important partnership role of the voluntary and community sector in supporting some of the borough’s most vulnerable residents in response to the coronavirus crisis.
In support of this work, an emergency fund of £100,000 has been established to support projects and activities across the borough. This is aimed at projects that can mobilise quickly and with an immediate start date. We wish to provide support to voluntary organisations as quickly as possible, and this fund will have a short period for application.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome within 14 days after the deadline.
Grants of up to £10,000 are available to support the voluntary and community sector respond to the coronavirus crisis by directly supporting hard to reach and vulnerable Wandsworth residents.
We would encourage applicants to focus on their current areas of work and expertise and what they can do now to help those most vulnerable.
You need to be applying as an organisation (not as an individual). In order to enable us to deploy the grants as quickly as possible, applicants need to be one of the following organisation types:
- Registered charity
- Registered Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
- Charitable company (limited by guarantee)
- Unincorporated charitable organisation
If you are a mutual aid group (i.e. you have come together to respond to the crisis but have not applied for funding before and are not able to hold a grant), you will need to partner with an organisation in the list above who will have overall responsibility for the grant and delivery.
The activities which you are applying for funding for need to be legally charitable and be for the benefit of the residents of Wandsworth. Applicants must have a current bank account in the name of the organisation which requires at least two unrelated signatures from people who live at different addresses.
The aim of this fund is to help organisations that can deliver services immediately and meet one or more of the following priorities:
- Support the provision of food, medicines and other essentials to those who are vulnerable and hard-to-reach
- Support the provision of food, medicines and other essentials to those who are not in a vulnerable group but are self-isolating and their households
- Promote other activities which helps to address the isolation of the most vulnerable, i.e. older residents living alone, people in unpaid caring roles or those without support networks
- Promote other activities which support those who are not in a vulnerable group but are self-isolating and their households
- Projects which are responding to an increase in demand for services and need to increase staffing capacity
- Projects which are providing services to vulnerable residents but have had to adapt their operating model, i.e. home working for staff requiring new/more IT or telephony resources
- Deadline for applications: 12 noon Tuesday 14 April
- Awards notified: Week commencing 27 April
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or call Bruce Murdoch on 020 8871 6203.