Apply for a Council Tax student exemption or discount

In households where there are both students and non-students, only the non-students will be liable for Council Tax.

Students, apprentices or trainees need to meet the following conditions to apply:

  • At a university or college course, lasting at least one academic year
  • Requiring study for at least 24 weeks in that academic year
  • Involving at least 21 hours of study per week during term-time whilst in study of the course

How to complete this form

In the form you will need to provide the following:

  • Details of the course you or other students you live with are currently enrolled on
  • Duration and hours of course

What we also need

All students will need to provide evidence of their course, for example: a certificate from their college or university.

You can send documents to us by using our online form.

Or alternatively send to

Wandsworth Council
Council Tax Service
PO Box 65962
SW18 9HN

If sending by post please send a photocopy as we are unable to return originals.

Please make sure your name and address (and Council Tax reference number, if known) are clearly marked on either the certificate or on your form.

All fields marked (required) need to be completed.