Report an abandoned or nuisance vehicle

This form will ask you to provide the:

  • make of the vehicle,
  • model of the vehicle,
  • colour,
  • the licence plate number,
  • what street/estate it is parked on, and
  • any other details such as landmarks, details of the nuisance

The council only has power to remove vehicles parked on public streets and property. If a car has been abandoned or is causing a nuisance on private land, the owner/manager of the land will have to take full responsibility for removing and disposing of the vehicle.

If you think a vehicle doesn't have a valid tax disc, you can check on GOV.UK. A vehicle with valid road tax won't be considered abandoned, especially if it's in good condition.