Wandsworth Community Air Quality Champions Volunteer Programme
Are you passionate about air quality?
Do you want to help members of the local community take simple steps to have a positive impact on local air quality?
The Community Air Quality Champions is a volunteer programme organised by Wandsworth Council to engage members of the local community to help in raising awareness of local air quality issues and to encourage others and assist in the reduction of local air pollution.
Anyone living in the borough with an interest in improving the local community can join. You can give as much or as little time as you wish.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to take part in major air quality promotional events in the borough.
The volunteers' main aim is to raise public awareness of air quality issues and highlight simple ways of reducing air pollution.
About the role
- Raise awareness of local air quality by speaking to individuals and providing promotional materials.
- Take part in air quality promotional activities and events.
- Support mitigation by encouraging sustainable travel alternatives.
- Organise and lead local air quality initiatives with the support of the council.
- Promote awareness of Sustainable transport alternatives, car clubs, electric vehicle charging points and smoke control requirements.
As an air quality champion you can give as little or as much time to the role as you are able to do so. You can attend awareness events, help provide information leaflets and explain the simple steps that individuals can take to reduce their negative impact on air quality.
To become a Community Air Quality Champion, email the team.