Social and Fairtrade entrepreneur, Safia Minney headlines Women’s Enterprise Day
Women’s Enterprise day, - now in its 7th year - is the borough’s biggest celebration of female Entrepeurship. takes place on March 25th.
Safia Minney, MBE is an award-winning social entrepreneur, who founded People Tree the Fairtrade and sustainable fashion retailer, in 1991. Safia will reflect on her own experience of launching a pioneering social business and brand, whilst juggling a family, as well as why making purpose central to your business is now more important than ever.
Then sign up for BOSS, a unique, four-month programme led by Planet Organic founder, Renée Elliott, and Executive Life Coach, Sam Wigan.
Safia said: “I’m honoured and delighted to participating in this year’s Women’s Enterprise day and sharing my experience of putting people and planet central to business. We need entrepreneurs and real thought leadership in every sector at this time of great transition to a sustainable system. I’m also happy to be back in my old stomping ground!”
The day will also feature:
- A panel discussion with Wandsworth-based businesswomen who will share how they got their ventures off the ground and overcame obstacles:
- Guest speakers:
- Workshops on how to improve your digital wellbeing and top tips on how to manage your time and thoughts
- One to one business advice sessions running throughout the day
- Date: Wednesday 25 March 2020
- Cost: Early Bird tickets, £22.00 includes all talks, one to one finance sessions, breakfast refreshments, lunch, tea/coffee, all workshop materials.
- Parking: Free onsite parking (limited) and shuttle from Barnes Station available