Clapham Junction’s new Junction BID Company appoints first Chair and Board
Anthony Laban was elected Chairman of the new not-for-profit company Clapham Junction Business Improvement District (BID) Ltd.
The owner of Mint Hair London Ltd (Anthony Laban Barbershop in Northcote Road and Anthony Laban Home in Bellevue Road) is joined by six Directors, representing a range of businesses and institutions within the BID locale:
- Anthony Ioannou – St. John’s Hill Business Association and Director of Abacus Ark Ltd
- Rebecca Holt – Executive Director and Deputy CEO, Battersea Arts Centre
- Harvey Jacobs – Accommodation Services Manager, PCS Union
- Patrick Cermak – Director, The Source Bulk Foods
- Michael Jubb – The Battersea Society
- Jonathan Dyson – The Northcote Business Network & Regional Director, John D Wood & Co.
Responsible for delivering a number of strategies and innovative projects, the new BID company will help to improve the trading environment for businesses, the shopping experience for residents and visitors, and drive tourism.
Projects are based on themes outlined in the five-year business plan, with flexibility to respond annually to changing demands. The company will work in conjunction with the new The Junction BID Manager, Roz Lloyd-Williams, from Savills’ Place-Shaping and Place-Marketing, who was appointed in early June. Lloyd-Williams has been a Battersea resident for over 20 years.
The Board’s role will focus on prioritising three key themes, highlighted by BID area businesses during the extensive consultation prior to the November 2018 Ballot; Marketing and Promotion, Safe and Welcoming and Events and Festivals.
For further information, contact Roz Lloyd-Williams, The Junction BID Manager:
Telephone: 07522 812299