COVID-19: Safety measures guidance for businesses and employers
From Monday 15 June 2020, businesses that are COVID-19 secure and comfortable managing requirements that will keep customers safe are able to reopen to the public.
Below is a range of government guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic
Getting back to work safely
- Employers to help them get their businesses back up and running and workplaces operating safely
- People who work in or run shops and branches
- People who work in or run offices, contact centres and similar indoor environments
- Construction workers and for people who work in or run outdoor working environments
- Helping employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic
Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020 notice
The Government recommends that businesses and employers display the Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020 notice in their workplaces to show they have followed the 'Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19)' guidance. This notice includes an HSE contact number for workers to report any concerns that they may have.
Working safely during the coronavirus outbreak
How to be safe at work:
- Guidance for shops and branches
- Health and safety guidance for food businesses
- Guidance for employers and those who are self-employed and work with or near other people
- HSE working safely guide
- Managing risks and risk assessments at work
How to keep social distancing at work:
- Staying alert and safe (social distancing)
- Social distancing, keeping businesses open and in-work activities during the coronavirus outbreak
For help and advice on how to protect people from coronavirus (COVID-19) in your workplace contact the HSE.