COVID-19 business webinars
Every business now has to operate very differently and should only be open after following very detailed guidelines on reopening safely.
Thanks to funding from the European Regional Development Fund, the Council’s Regulatory Services Partnership (RSP) is running a series of free webinars for businesses in the close contact and leisure sectors. Where relevant, they will be accompanied by a representative from your Trade Association to discuss their own guidance for your sector.
The COVID-19 webinars will focus upon particular professions and the steps needed to keep you, your staff and customers safe. They will begin with a summary of the recent thinking about how the virus spreads, to provide a better understanding of the safety measures you’re being asked to implement. The RSP will also share some of the practical steps other businesses are taking to bring customers back and keep them returning.
How to book
Registrations are now open.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
|Gyms, leisure centres and sports halls, pools and spa pools||Monday 27 July 2020||10am|
|Hair, beauty and massage||Tuesday 28 July 2020||10am|
|Pubs and restaurants||Wednesday 29 July 2020||10am|
Each webinar is up to 40 minutes of content, followed by a Q&A, and will cover the following issues, as they relate to your business sector:
- COVID-19 virus in a nutshell (context to guidance requirements)
- Practical advice on how to be COVID-Secure
- A walk through the official Government and any Trade Association guidance for your sector
- how to do a risk assessment - includes signposting to checklists
- Support from the Council on trading outdoors, pavements, noise complaints
- Government’s new free recovery advice for business – covers accounting to advertising, HR and legal affairs
- RSP’s free, tailored regulatory advice for your business on Covid Compliance, Risk Assessments, H&S etc
- Simple steps to boost customer confidence and bring customers back
- Reclaiming the cost of implementing safety measures
Each session will also cover steps to reduce risk to staff and customers, including:
- 'Cleaning' the air of airborne virus particles
- Practical application of the 1m+ rule
- Working practices in confined spaces
- Social distancing signage templates
- Customer records
- Reporting COVID incidents
It will be followed by an opportunity for questions and answers, and for businesses to share best practice.
About the RSP
The Regulatory Services Partnership (RSP) is a Council owned service, serving the London Boroughs of Merton, Richmond upon Thames and Wandsworth. It has over 50 highly trained, experienced advisors covering:
- Environmental health (food hygiene, labelling and food safety)
- Health and safety
- Pollution (air, land, noise, water)
- Trading Standards (includes weights and measures, intellectual property and age restricted sales)
Read more about reopening safely.
If you still have questions or concerns after reading the Government guidance for your sector and/or viewing the RSP’s relevant webinar, please get in touch. The RSP is currently providing free, tailored, one to one advice to help you reopen, or continue trading, safely. It is here to fully support you re-open as smoothly as possible.
Contact the RSP at email@example.com.