Business support events
Scratch Hub Socials: creativity and business
- Date: Wednesday 7 August 2019
- Time: 7pm
- Location: The Scratch Hub. Lavender Hill, SW11 1TN
Scratch Hub Socials features trail-blazing and inspirational voices from across a range of sectors to stimulate conversations and networks for new ideas and ways of working. Learn about how creativity can enrich business, make new connections and inform your practice.
What is the role of creativity in business?
Come and discuss what creative tools can be utilised in business, and learn practical approaches to harness and apply your creativity.
This edition features:
- Co-founder and CEO of 64 Million Artists Jo Hunter,
- Good Guys founders Cyle Carth and Nick Lynch,
- MTArt Agency France Office, Louise Coussieu-Baylac,
- Baby Reign Founder and CEO Daisy Kateeba and
- Deputy Head, Department of Media, Culture and Language at Roehampton University, Gauti Sigthorsson
Virgin Startup - how to build a knock out brand
- Date: Tuesday 13 August 2019
- Time: 6.30pm
- Location: The Battleship Building, London
- Cost: £35
Do you have a great business idea and want to develop a coherent brand before telling the world about it? Then this session is for you!
Having a great business idea alone is no longer enough. Customers now want to know the story behind the business, what it stands for and why they should care.
This master class will show you how you can start to develop a brand that is attractive to customers on little or no budget.
You will learn:
- What is a brand?
- Why is a brand important?
- What is essential to a brand?
- What is your brand proposition?
Business Connect - Q&A session
- Date: Thursday 22 August 2019
- Time: 12 to 1.30pm
- Cost: free to Wandsworth Business owners with promo code. Current promotion: first month free
Renée Elliott (Founder, Planet Organic), and Sam Wigan (Executive Life Coach, Thrive Global) will share their learning and facilitate the conversation.
Join them for online connection and real conversation this month as they go round the table for business Q&A. Bring your questions, dilemmas and anything for which you would like some more support. This 90 minute open online session is an opportunity to access mentor support and benefit from the wisdom pool of the group. As a group you will explore ideas, discover solutions and increase momentum in the week.
How to get your name into print
- Date: Monday 23 September 2019
- Time: 12.30 to 2.30pm
- Location: 18 Hotham Road, SW15 1QB
- Cost: £40, this includes networking, guest speaker and lunch
- Print options out there, which type of publication is best for your business and why
- How things have changed in publishing industry
- How to write an article
- Where to advertise and what to include
- Articles or advertising, which is better?
Access to Wandsworth: Funders and Founders Networking Breakfast
- Date: Thursday 26 September 2019
- Time: 8.30am
- Location: Battersea Arts Centre, London
- Cost: £10
Join us and network with funders at the Access to Finance Wandsworth breakfast reception.
Richard Bearman, Managing Director of the British Business Bank, responsible for Start up Loans, will open the event with a talk about the current financial landscape for small business owners.
Join us to discover what type of funding is best suited to your business.
The day will also feature free 1-1 Meet the Funder advice sessions and the workshop 'How to write successful funding bids'.