EU Transition Business Support Programme
The UK and EU have agreed a Trade and Cooperation Agreement governing future trade relations, that sees no tariffs or quotas on the movement of goods produced between the UK and the EU. Even though a deal has been secured, doing business with the European Union has changed, and you need to follow new rules on exports, imports, tariffs, data and hiring.
About the programme
We have partnered with ResilienceHelp.com, to help businesses in the borough navigate through the changes they will need to make in a post-Brexit business environment. The ResilienceHelp.com team will help you to identify any key issues, so that you can continue to trade with the minimum possible disruption.
The service is free, and businesses can access up to four hours of specialist one-to-one advice.
How to register
If you are a business based in Wandsworth and interested in receiving free Brexit support, book your appointment with an adviser by:
- Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Business name and registered address
- Name, contact phone number and email address (or the details of the Brexit lead for your business)
- Pressing questions regarding trading with the EU
What happens next
Step 1 - Triage telephone call
You will be taken through a brief introductory screening to identify your Brexit issues and verify that you are a Wandsworth based business.
You will receive a 15-minute call back within one business day to help you book an appointment with an adviser.
Step 2 - Zoom call with an adviser
You will be booked into the earliest available appointment with a ResilienceHelp.com adviser.
The initial appointment will be for approximately 30-60 minutes. Eligible businesses can access up to four hours of Brexit consultancy delivered over multiple sessions.
Step 3 - Report
Following your zoom call, your adviser will email you a brief report of your discussion and any pointers to additional resources.
- BEIS webinars - Sector specific webinars
- Brexit Transition helplines (GOV.UK) - A list of helplines organised by theme and key actions for businesses.
- Brexit: new rules (GOV.UK)
- Grants to help your business with customs declaration (GOV.UK)
- Grants to help small and medium-sized businesses new to importing or exporting (GOV.UK)
- The Brexit Business Resource Hub brings together resources from a range of partners to help you with business planning, supporting you to map areas of your business with potential exposure to Brexit
- Open to Export - Preparing UK businesses to export post-EU. But if you are exporting products to the EU you may also need to comply with rules and regulations on for example, packaging or certification for CE marking. You may find that there are local requirements for UK businesses selling to the EU, especially for services providers
- The London Business Hub, established by the Mayor and the London Economic Action Partnership (LEAP) as the gateway to business support in the capital, is offering a range of support programmes for business navigating changes and uncertainty as a result of Brexit
- Webinars and videos (GOV.UK) for organisations that trade with the EU