Winstanley and York Road
Welcome to the Winstanley and York Road Estates regeneration webpage. The most up-to-date information on the progress so far and the next steps in this long-term programme can be found here.
We are developing a far-reaching regeneration project for the area which will provide more social and affordable housing and better integrate the estates into their wider neighbourhood.
There will be significant improvements to the physical environment, and enhanced provision of commercial and community services, jobs, education and training opportunities; helping local people to prosper and achieve their aspirations.
Residents can look forward to living in modern, energy efficient homes in an area which feels safe and welcoming.
Our commitments to you
We guarantee that all secure tenants and resident homeowners will be offered the opportunity to stay in the regenerated area. The redevelopment of the estate will be phased so residents will not need to move until their new home is built.
Regardless of how the plans may adapt as they are delivered, we are dedicated to supporting residents through the process with a set of rehousing and compensation commitments.
For further details about our commitments to you, please choose one of the following options:
In the summer of 2013 we appointed a specialist masterplanning team to work alongside us and the local community to develop ambitious new plans for the improvement of the two estates and the Bramlands area.
Through close consultation with estate residents and stakeholders we developed a ‘Preferred Option’ for the regeneration of the area which was presented to the public in February 2014.
The Preferred Option has been developed further since that time.
Find out more about the masterplan and the latest proposals, including which blocks are being considered for replacement.
The masterplan identified five keys areas for regeneration and improvement:
- Bramlands – Clapham Junction Piazza
- York Road and York Gardens
- Central Area of Masterplan
- Grant Road frontage
- Winstanley Estate
Find out more about the vision for each area.
What is happening now?
Having undertaken a public procurement process to secure a development partner to help deliver the regeneration scheme, we are able to announce that Taylor Wimpey was selected as the preferred bidder.
They will work with us through a ‘Joint Venture’ partnership to deliver the regenerated neighbourhood.
Find out more about the procurement process, public engagement events, and the next steps for the Joint Venture Partnership.
Taylor Wimpey's bid submission was exhibited at the Get Active Battersea Festival on 22 July and York Gardens Library on 25 and 27 July, with consultation taking place throughout the autumn and winter 2017.
The regeneration team will be holding drop-in sessions at York Gardens Library from Tuesday 6 March to Thursday 19 April whilst the project office in Pennethorne Square undergoes refurbishment.
View upcoming events for further details.
- The project office at 10 Lavender Road will be closed for refurbishment between 2 March and 27 April. The team will be available in York Gardens Library for drop-in sessions from 6 March to 19 April.
- The public consultation showing the latest design developments on key elements of the regeneration plans took place in February 2018. We welcome your thoughts and views to help us with further development of the scheme.
Visit the news archive for previous updates.
- Newsletter issue 9, March 2018
- Newsletter issue 8, December 2017
- Newsletter issue 7, October 2017
- Newsletter issue 6, July 2017
- Newsletter issue 5, December 2016
- Newsletter issue 4, September 2016
- Newsletter issue 3, June 2016
- Newsletter issue 2, March 2016
- Update booklet, December 2015
- Newsletter issue 1, October 2015