Skip, highway licences and associated parking bay suspensions

Skip or materials licence

You need a skip or materials licence to put a builder's skip and/or materials on a public road.

Materials include sand, cement, ballast, slabs and timber. Apply for a skip or materials licence.

Highway licence

You need a highway licence if you want to put an item on a public road or put up a temporary structure.

For example, a hoarding, scaffold, portable cabin/toilet, container, mobile tower, conveyor belt and Herras Fencing. Apply for a highway licence.

Domestic parking bay suspension

In certain circumstances parking spaces may be suspended.

For example, for building works, domestic removals, weddings and funerals. Apply for a domestic parking bay suspension.

We will refuse applications if we deem the location unsuitable.