Wandsworth’s clean streets policy enforced 24/7
Published: Thursday 30th November 17
Wandsworth’s Environmental Enforcement Officers work tirelessly around the clock to help keep the busiest streets in the borough clean and safe for those who use them.
Beginning his patrol in Battersea, two incidents of fly tipping were spotted on Northcote Road, resulting in both offenders receiving £400 fines, and a passer-by was issued with an £80 fine for littering. After leaving Battersea, the team make their way to Tooting.
At the end of their night shift, the team had distributed a total of 31 fines to those responsible for littering the streets of Wandsworth.
Rodney said, “To make sure the streets of Wandsworth are clean and safe, it’s critical that we work throughout the night too. Some people think they can get away with littering and fly tipping when it’s dark, but we’re here to prove this isn’t the case”.
Working with people in Wandsworth to keep the streets clean, green and safe is one of the key priorities for the council and part of the brighter borough for all initiative.
How you can help keep Wandsworth clean:
- Leave your waste and recycling bags out on the correct day each week. See www.wandsworth.gov.uk/waste to check your collection day.
- Show your support on Twitter using the hashtag #KeepWandsworthClean
- Report flytips on the council website www.wandsworth.gov.uk/flytipping
- Pass on evidence that could help identify a flytipper in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set up your own clean streets initiative with support from the Wandsworth Grant Fund. Visit www.wandsworth.gov.uk/wgf
- Find the next Wandle Trust clean-up day at www.wandletrust.org
Contact Jessica.email@example.com to find out more about how you can help #KeepWandsworthClean