Adult social care - directory record page
Wandsworth Carers' Centre
|Address||181 Wandsworth High Street, |
|Description||Wandsworth Carers' Centre provides free and confidential information, advice, support and more to carers living in Wandsworth or supporting someone who lives in Wandsworth. They aim to offer a responsive, confidential and professional service to help carers to have increased control over their own lives. |
Their offices are based in Balham and Wandsworth. Appointments can be made out of hours where needed (e.g. for working carers). Home visits and appointments at community venues may be possible on request. They also facilitate a variety of support groups, projects, and opportunities for participation. Services available include:
- Support for young carers, aged 14-25 years old in the borough. This project offers 1:1 support to young adult Carers, as well as peer support, group work and training sessions.
- Long term planning: supporting carers to make long term plans
- Complementary therapies
Wandsworth Carers' Centre is working in partnership with Bluebird Care (Wandsworth) and the Alzheimer's Society to provide services as Carers Partnership Wandsworth. Services available from Carers Partnership Wandsworth include:
- Information and advice (including about benefits and housing)
- Carers respite
- Support groups
- A carers' newsletter
- Back care support
- Information sessions
- Carers' Emergency Support Scheme
- Training sessions for carers and professionals
- Support to access a carers assessment
- Specialist support, for example for Asian carers, mental health carers and more
- A participation project (opportunities to contribute to the work of local health services and council services)
|Telephone number||Phone: 020 8877 1200, Fax: 020 8877 3936|
|Further information||A carer is someone, who, without payment, provides help and support to a partner, child, relative, friend or neighbour, who could not manage without their help. This could be due to age, physical or mental illness, addiction or disability. The term Carer should not be confused with a care-worker, or care assistant, who receives payment for looking after someone. |
Are you helping someone by providing emotional support or help with practical tasks such as shopping, collecting benefits, filling in forms, washing and dressing or housework? Then Wandsworth Carers' Centre is there to help you.
- Telephone Service, Monday to Friday 9:30 am - 5:30 pm (calls are welcome via text relay)
- Drop-in from Monday to Thursday 10am - 5pm
Both offices have disabled access, toilets suitable for wheelchairs and an induction loop.
English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Gujarati, Cantonese and Vietnamese.
Record last updated: 22 December 2016