Adult social care - directory record page

health and wellbeing

Hearing aids

DescriptionIf you feel that you need a hearing aid, please go to your GP who will refer you to the audiology department of your nearest hospital for a hearing check.

For repairs or new batteries for your hearing aid, go to the audiology department in the same hospital that issued it to you. You can use the NHS Choices website to search for, and find information about, local hospitals and other health services.

If you bought an hearing aid yourself then you will have to pay for batteries and repairs. You need to contact the supplier for this. Batteries can be bought from dispensing chemists.

Visit the NHS Choices website to find your local service

Record last updated: 18 September 2015