Adult social care - directory record page
Glass Door’s Wandsworth winter night shelter project 2017 - 2018
|Address||Various locations |
|Description||Glass Door is a charity that provides emergency accommodation every night of the week from Monday 6 November 2017 to Sunday 8 April 2018. |
Once you are accepted into the shelters, you will receive a sleeping bag and mat to keep and use for the length of your stay. In the shelters, you will receive an evening meal and a cooked breakfast. You will have the opportunity to meet with Caseworker who can provide practical support, advice and assistance on a range of matters.
How to access the night shelters:
- If you stayed the night before, you must arrive at the shelter by 8pm to guarantee your bed space.
- You will be guaranteed a spot in the shelters for up to three months as long as you arrive each night on time and abide by the rules.
- If you do not arrive by 8pm, someone else may be offered the spot, and you will need to reapply to be put on the waiting list.
The following rules must be respected whilst you stay in the shelter:
- No alcohol or drugs in or around the shelter venues.
- No anti-social behaviour of any kind. Abusive or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated.
- No smoking inside the shelters.
- Once you have entered the shelter, you are not to leave the venue otherwise you will forfeit your place.
- No bottles (unless empty) in the shelter.
If you break any of the above, you will be asked to leave and may be barred from the shelter for a period of time.
Glassdoor night shelter locations are as follows:
Monday : Ascension Balham, Ascension Balham Hill, Malwood Rd. SW12 8EN
Tuesday : St Peter’s Battersea, 31 Winstanley Road, SW11 2EZ
Wednesday : St Mark’s, Battersea Rise, SW11 1EJ
Thursday : St Barnabas, Clapham Common Northside, SW4 9SW
Friday : St Barnabas Southfields, 146 Lavenham Rd, SW18 5EP
Saturday : St Michael & All Angels, 71 Wimbledon Park Road, SW18 5TT
Sunday : St Luke’s Battersea, 194 Ramsden Rd, SW12 8RQ
|Telephone number||0207 351 4948|
|Further information||A daytime drop-in is available at : |
Ace of Clubs on St Alphonsus Road, SW4 7AS Monday to Friday: 12pm to 3pm. Here you can speak to a Glass Door caseworker and find lunch (£1), a clothing bank, showers and laundry facilities.
Harvest of Grace runs a Saturday drop in 10am to 2.30pm and they provide free meals as part of their breakfast and lunch club at the John Morris House Community Centre : 164 St John's Hill, SW11 1SW.
|Eligibility||Anyone who is homeless and in need of shelter during the winter months.|
|Costs||Free of charge|
|Opening times||Doors open at 8pm|
Record last updated: 20 December 2017