Adult social care - directory record page

health and wellbeing

Drug and alcohol services available through your GP

DescriptionSpecialist clinical support is available for people who would prefer to be treated by a GP and a specialist nurse for their problematic or dependent use of drugs or alcohol. The service is for people who use:

- Alcohol
- Heroin
- Crack
- Cocaine
- Prescription drugs (such as anti-depressants)
- Over-the-counter medications (such as painkillers)
- Other substances

You should speak to your GP in the first instance who can arrange for support at another nearby practice if they do not offer the service themselves.

Record last updated: 14 January 2013