Adult social care - directory record page

working and learning

Disabled Students Allowance

AddressStudent Finance England,
PO Box 210,
PostcodeDL1 9HJ
DescriptionDisabled Students' Allowance (DSA) offers extra financial help for people who want to study a higher education course. It is for people who have a:

- disability
- long-term health condition
- mental health condition
- specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia

DSA is paid on top of student finance and you don't have to pay them back. The amount you get depends on your individual needs and not on income. It can help pay for things like specialist computer software, note-takers or readers, extra travel and other costs. You can find out more on the GOV.UK website.

Visit the Disabled Students Allowance pages on the GOV.UK website

Telephone number0300 100 0607
Further informationTextphone/minicom for deaf and hard of hearing people: 0300 100 0622.

Record last updated: 14 July 2014