Adult social care - directory record page

money and legal matters

Incapacity Benefit

DescriptionIncapacity Benefit has been replaced by Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). If you get Incapacity Benefit, Jobcentre Plus will review your claim to see if you're capable of work or eligible for ESA.

Incapacity Benefit was for people unable to work because of illness or disability. Since 31 January 2011 you can no longer make new claims for Incapacity Benefit. Employment and Support Allowance can be claimed instead. Visit the GOV.UK website for further information.

Visit the Incapacity Benefit pages or the ESA pages on GOV.UK

Record last updated: 22 July 2014