Adult social care - directory record page

Housing and care homes

Housing Ombudsman Service

AddressExchange Tower
Harbour Exchange Square
PostcodeE14 9GE
DescriptionThe Housing Ombudsman Service looks at all complaints about social housing, including local housing authorities such as councils, housing associations, and other landlords, managers, and agents. The ombudsman's services are free, independent and impartial.

From April 2013 the Housing Ombudsman has dealt with complaints involving local councils where the council acts as a landlord. However, some complaints that relate to a council's wider duties are still considered by a separate ombudsman, the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO). For example, the LGO would still consider complaints that relate to a council's statutory duties around homelessness. Find out more on their website.

Visit the Housing Ombudsman Service website

Telephone number0300 111 3000

Record last updated: 01 March 2017