Adult social care - directory record page
Community Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers (CARAS)
|Address||25 Blakenham Road, |
|Description||Community Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers (CARAS) is a community outreach charity that offers support and advice to people of refugee background to enable them to overcome barriers that prevent access to rights, entitlements, opportunities and a good quality of life. |
Their main aim is to ensure that people are empowered i.e. are able to have equal access to information and resources to make proper decisions; have a range of options from which they can make choices; are able to exercise assertiveness in collective decision making; and able to increase their positive self‐image and overcome stigma.
The types of services they provide include:
• ESOL which is English classes for women and young people.
• Groups which meet throughout the week where people can practice their English, learn new skills and can be supported with all the challenges they face in their new lives in the UK.
• One to one Individual support with people experiencing difficulty or transition.
• Advocacy help to enable people understand the ins and outs of their case and when possible, are able to advocate for themselves.
• A range of bespoke teaching and training sessions on issues affecting people of refugee background
Visit the CARAS website for more information.
|Telephone number||020 8767 5378|
|Eligibility||Refugees and asylum seekers |
People with no recourse to public funds
Young and old, men and women
|Costs||Free of charge|
Record last updated: 25 January 2017