Adult social care - directory record page
|Address||PO BOX 8, |
|Description||CareAware is a charity that offers independent public information, advisory and advocacy services which specialises in elderly care funding advice in the UK. They aim to improve the public understanding and knowledge about the UK care system, to reinforce the rights and choices of the individual and to assist the public on complex issues associated with the elderly. |
The range of issues that they provide information on includes:
• Paying care fees which involves the type of care available, who would pay for it, the rights and choices they may have and how the care system works.
• Protecting assets such property and inheritance.
• Legal issues involving gifting property and assets, lasting power of attorney and wills.
• Benefit entitlement such as Attendance Allowance , NHS Continuing Healthcare , NHS Funded Nursing Care and Pension Credit
• Information on social services assessments
Please visit the CareAware website for more information
|Telephone number||0161 707 1107 ( Helpline)|
|Eligibility||• Individuals who are in care |
• Families and friends of care residents
• Members of the public concerned about a future care need
• Care Providers, home owners and community care workers
• Solicitors, accountants and other professionals
• Anyone requiring advice on elderly care funding in the UK
|Costs||Free of Charge|
Record last updated: 25 January 2017