Adult social care - directory record page

caring for someone

Carers support from the council

DescriptionIf you are an unpaid carer for someone in your family, or a friend, a neighbour or another eligible person who lives in Wandsworth, you may be able to get help from the council. Carers are entitled to an assessment of their support needs, just as the person you care for can have an assessment. The council offers support to carers and services such as respite care to help you have a break from caring.

Find out more on the web page below. The first step, if you want to speak to someone to about an assessment, is to contact the adult social care Access Team or the team supporting the person you care for.

There are many organisations and services for carers that can also offer help, such as Wandsworth Carers' Centre and Carer's Trust.

Visit the carers pages on the council website.

Telephone number020 8871 7707

Record last updated: 12 October 2015