Adult social care - directory record page

care and support

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

AddressPostal address:
Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman,
2 The Oaks Westwood Way,
Burton Green
PostcodeCV4 0EH
DescriptionThe Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman looks at complaints about councils and all types of care services for adults in England (including care homes and home care providers). It is a free service and they investigate complaints in a fair and independent way without taking sides.

They also consider complaints from those who arrange or fund their own care, in addition to complaints about care arranged and funded by local authorities.

If you wish to contact them about a complaint, their advice team are able to give advice by telephone and take complaint submissions. You can also give details of a complaint using the online form on their website or by letter.

Note: They normally only consider a complaint after the council or care provider has had a reasonable opportunity to consider and respond to it. If you are still not happy after this, the ombudsman may be able to help.

Visit the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman website

Telephone numberAdviceline: 0300 061 0614
Further informationAdvice team telephone opening times:

- 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (except from 9.30am to 10.30am, Tuesday to Friday).

You can also text "call back" to 0762 480 3014 and you will receive a call back.

Record last updated: 12 September 2017