Adult social care - directory record page

travel and getting about

Driving licences, disabilities and older people

DescriptionIf you want to find out about driving with a disability or renewing your licence if you're 70 or over, you can find out more on the GOV.UK website. You can also find out about other help like the blue badge and motability schemes, free tax discs for disabled people, and more.

If you have a driving licence you must tell DVLA if:

- you have a 'notifiable' medical condition or disability
- your medical condition or disability has got worse since you first got your licence
- you develop a new medical condition or disability

'Notifiable' medical conditions and disabilities include epilepsy, strokes and other neurological conditions, mental health problems, physical disabilities and visual impairments.

Visit the GOV.UK pages about driving and licences

Record last updated: 26 January 2017