Adult social care - directory record page

money and legal matters

MS Society grants and short breaks

AddressMS Society Grants Team,
MS National Centre,
372 Edgware Road,
PostcodeNW2 6ND
DescriptionThis charity provides grants to people affected by MS for items or activities they need, such as equipment, adaptations, short breaks, and other support. There are three different funds that you can apply to for a grant:

1) Individual support fund, for:
- Home adaptations or repairs after adaptations
- Wheelchairs and mobility scooters
- Special chairs or beds
- Car adaptations
- Special equipment, such as screen readers or exercise equipment
- Removal costs if you’re moving to a more accessible place to live
- And more

2) Short breaks and activities fund, for:
- Planned and emergency respite care
- A short break or activity for someone with MS or a carer
- Support or care that enables someone to have a break
- Travel and accommodation costs for an activity or short break
- Disability equipment hire
- Some alternative or complementary therapy taster sessions

3) Carers grant fund:
- For carers of all ages
- For leisure or personal development (broad range of activities)
- How much you can apply for, and how often, depends on your age

The funds can't help with anything you have already paid money towards, so contact the MS Society first if you want to apply for a grant.

Visit our Wandsworth MS Society page

Visit the MS Society website

Telephone number 0300 500 8084 (Grants Team)
Further informationYou need to complete an application form to apply. The form must be returned with supporting information, including a supporting letter from a health or social care professional, such as an occupational therapist, an MS nurse, or a social worker. Contact the local MS Society branch or the Grants Team to find out more about applying.
EligibilityThese grants are for people affected by MS, including people with the condition and family members and friends who are caring for someone. The MS Society can’t offer you a grant if you have household savings more than:

- £16000 for individual support grants
- £23000 for short breaks and activities grants
- £23000 for carer’s grant (if you’re aged 25 and over)

Record last updated: 25 January 2017