Adult social care - directory record page
|Description||The Healthy Start scheme can help you buy basic foods like milk or fruit, if you're pregnant or have a child under 4 years old. If you qualify for the scheme you'll be sent vouchers you can use in over 30,000 shops in the UK. The vouchers can be used to buy: |
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Plain frozen fruit and vegetables
- Infant formula
You can also get coupons for free vitamins suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women, and children aged 6 months to 5 years old. Visit the GOV.UK website to find out more or to apply. Or call the Healthy Start helpline.
Visit the healthy start pages on the GOV.UK website
|Telephone number||0345 607 6823|
|Eligibility||To qualify you must also be receiving any of the following: |
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (depending on circumstances)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working tax credit (depending on circumstances)
You can also qualify if you're pregnant and under 18 years old, even if you don't receive any benefits.
Record last updated: 25 January 2017