Adult social care - directory record page
WATCH - Wandsworth Alarm Telephone Care Helpline
|Address||Housing Customer Centre, |
Housing and Community Services Department,
90 Putney Bridge Road
|Description||WATCH lifeline is a full home visiting emergency response alarm service provided by Wandsworth Council. The service is provided 24 hours a day, every day of the year, so you can be reassured that help is at hand at the touch of a button. It uses an alarm system that connects through a telephone line that, once activated, opens up two way communication with the emergency control centre. |
The service offers a free 4 week trial for anyone discharged from hospital. contact WATCH to find out more.
Users have a pendant with a button that can be pressed from anywhere within their home to make a call. For an additional cost users can have other sensors, such as a smoke detector or flood detector, which will alert the control centre of a problem where assistance is required.
WATCH lifeline promotes independence and supports the choice of staying in your own home by providing an emergency response service. It also helps gives clients and relatives the peace of mind that help is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. The service is unobtrusive but there when needed at the touch of a button.
You can contact Supported Housing Services on 020 8871 8198 to find out more or to arrange an appointment with an emergency response officer who will explain more about how the service works.
Visit the council's WATCH alarm web pages
|Telephone number||020 8871 8198 (general enquiries and appointments), 0208 871 7741 (direct line to the emergency response officers)|
|Further information||Languages: |
- Interpreters can be provided at assessment and installation appointments where required
- Clients are asked to test their alarms once per month to check that they are working
- There is a weekly fee for the service
- Emergency Response Officers will visit twice per year to check service user's details and the equipment
|Eligibility||The service is available to any Wandsworth Borough resident regardless of tenure. To use the service you must: |
- Live in the borough of Wandsworth
- Have a landline telephone
- Supply a set of keys
|Costs||There are three cost bands for the service. Each band receives a full emergency visiting service. |
Low Band: £2.10
- If you get Housing and/or Council Tax Benefit only
Medium Band: £4.20
- If you get Housing and/or Council Tax benefit, and also receive Attendance Allowance or Disability Living Allowance
Higher Band: £8.50
- If you don’t get Housing or Council Tax benefit
Record last updated: 25 August 2015