Adult social care - directory record page
Stroke - NHS Choices
|Description||NHS Choices offers comprehensive information and advice about stroke and related topics. The website provides information on the following: |
- Recovering from a stroke
- Reducing your stroke risk
- Spotting the symptoms of stroke
- Support and advice for stroke carers
- How diet, fitness, smoking and alcohol relate to stroke risk
The Act F.A.S.T website from NHS Choices also provides detailed information on the signs of stroke, and reminds people to act if they notice a sign:
- Face: Has the person's face fallen on one side? Can they smile?
- Arms: Can they raise both arms and keep them there?
- Speech: Is their speech slurred?
- Time: Time to call 999 if you see any single one of these signs
Record last updated: 18 June 2014