Adult social care - directory record page

health and wellbeing

Wandsworth Well Family Service

Family Action,
c/o Lifetimes,
100 Wandsworth High Street,
PostcodeSW18 4LA
DescriptionFamily Action is piloting a one year early intervention mental health service across Wandsworth in partnership with Wandsworth Clinical Commissioning Group.

The service is a frontline source of help where local GPs that are treating people with mental ill health can refer patients who need extra support. It will be based in GP surgeries and health centres and there will be three main bases for the service, one in each main area of Wandsworth. The service can help people with additional support needs or social problems which cannot be addressed within a normal GP appointment, such as housing, debt management or employment needs.

You can talk to the recovery workers about any problem you have. If they think another service may be able to help you more effectively, they can refer you if that is what you want. If they don’t have the information you need, they will put you in touch with an organisation that can help. The Wandsworth Mental Health Recovery Service has close links with health services but is provided by Family Action, an independent organisation.

This list gives you some ideas of the types of things you might want to discuss:

- Difficulties with or worries about children
- Relationship difficulties
- Feelings of depression, anxiety and isolation
- Difficult decisions you need to make
- Caring for family or friends
- Local services such as childcare and welfare services
- Family finances
- Drugs and alcohol
- Violence at home
- Bereavement
- Education
- Housing and accommodation issues

Visit the Family Action website

Telephone number020 8874 0730 (answerphone)
Further informationYou can refer yourself to the service by completing and returning a simple referral form or referrals can be made by your GP or another health professional, such as a nurse or the IAPT team. Ask a health professional at your GP surgery for a form or contact Family Action and they will send you a form.

Record last updated: 01 March 2017