Adult social care - directory record page
Wandsworth Care Coordination Centre
|Address||Trinity Hospice, |
30 Clapham Common Northside,
|Description||The care coordination centre provides an innovative new service so people with a progressive, life-limiting illness have access to high quality care and support, in the right place and at the right time. The service has been set up by a partnership of four organisations in Wandsworth. Funded by Wandsworth CCG, the centre is running as a two-year pilot jointly provided by Trinity Hospice, Marie Curie Cancer Care and St George’s Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. Patients and their families will have one point of contact for care and support rather than having to go to each care provider separately. |
The centre is managed by a team of care coordinators and a lead nurse from Trinity Hospice's base in Clapham. The centre’s care coordinators are a central point of contact and they work with local health and social care providers to arrange services for patients who are being cared for at home. These services could include health and personal care support, overnight nursing care and access to advice and equipment. The centre provides:
- Care coordination with one point of contact
- Community nursing, with a dedicated end-of-life nurse working closely with local community nurses
- Daytime health and personal care from Marie Curie health and personal care assistants or other specialist care services
- Overnight nursing care and emotional support from Marie Curie nurses or healthcare assistants
- Information, advice and support: a helpline for patients, families, and professionals
The aim of the centre is to provide services and support that allow people to remain in their preferred place of care – often their own home or a care home.
Visit the Care Coordination Centre web page.
|Telephone number||0300 3000 116|
|Opening times||Monday to Friday: 7am to 10.30pm. Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 9am to 5pm.|
Record last updated: 06 April 2017