Adult social care - directory record page
24-32 Stephenson Way
|Description||Respond is a charity that works with people with learning disabilities who have experienced some form of trauma or abuse, as well as those who have abused others. They do this is through psychotherapy, advocacy and campaigning on people with learning disability. |
The types of services they provide include:
• Advice and support to help people with learning disability to improve their lives and to lessen the effects of abuse.
• Advice and support to staff and their families
• Training for carers and professionals
• Education for people with learning disabilities
• Influence common services in order to make their services accessible
• Influence learning disability services to consider the psychological impact of living with learning disabilities
• Undertake research and distribute their findings
Respond have an institutional abuse helpline that offers emotional support to people with a learning disability or people connected to them who have been affected by institutional abuse.
For further information, visit the Respond website.
|Telephone number||0808 808 0700 ( Institutional abuse helpline) , 0207 383 0700|
|Further information||Respond receives some core funding from the Department of Health and accepts referrals from PCTs, Local Authorities and other various Social Service departments.|
|Eligibility||People with learning disability, their carers, friends and family |
|Costs||free of charge|
Record last updated: 05 October 2016