Other housing issues and support

Other housing issues and support 

If you need help with housing issues, there are different places you might be able to find it. You may be able to get help with the cost of heating your home, or paying back debts because of energy bills. There are services like tenancy support, which might be able to help if you have a disability or a health issue and are having tenancy problems. There is information about fire safety, help to look after your garden, help controlling pests, problems with neighbours and more.


Housing and care homes

17 Records in Other housing issues and support filtered by Client group "everyone".

  • British Gas Energy Trust

    Freepost British Gas Energy Trust

    Telephone: 01733 421 060

    Description: This trust provides help with energy bills and other essential household costs for people living in fuel poverty, or affected by other suffering or distress.

  • Fire Service - Wandsworth

    Telephone: 020 8555 1200 ext. 37601 (for non-emergency situations) or ext. 54845 (to request a home fire safety visit)

    Description: The fire service can visit you at home to provide free fire safety advice and can also fit specialised smoke alarms for those with difficulty hearing, seeing or moving around.

  • Housing Ombudsman Service

    Exchange Tower Harbour Exchange Square London, E14 9GE

    Telephone: 0300 111 3000

    Description: The Housing Ombudsman Service looks at all complaints about social housing, including local housing authorities such as councils, housing associations, and other landlords, managers, and agents.

  • Keep warm, keep well

    Description: Keep warm, keep well is a national campaign to reduce cold-related illness and deaths during winter.

  • Key Safes

    (Postal) Adminstration Department, Community Safety, Unit 2F Tadmore House, Frogmore Complex, London, SW18 1EY

    Telephone: 020 8871 6567/8894/8895 (Wandsworth Community Safety) 020 8877 8940 (Age UK Wandsworth)

    Description: A key safe offers a secure way for you to store the keys to your home.

  • npower Energy Fund


    Telephone: 01733 421060

    Description: This trust helps npower customers who are struggling to pay their energy bills or manage debts.

  • Pest control

    Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, Wandsworth, SW18 2PU

    Telephone: 020 8871 6127

    Description: Wandsworth Council offers a comprehensive and confidential pest control service to residents, local businesses and other organisations.

  • Safer Neighbourhood Teams

    Telephone: 101 (Non-emergency police contact number)

    Description: Safer Neighbourhood Teams are dedicated to making your local community safer - they are additional to other policing teams and units in London.

  • Shelter - The housing and homelessness charity

    88 Old Street, London, EC1V 9HU

    Telephone: 0808 800 4444 (Advice line)

    Description: Shelter is a charity that works to alleviate the distress caused by homelessness and bad housing.

  • Social housing in Wandsworth

    Housing Customer Centre, Housing and Community Services Department, 90 Putney Bridge Road, SW18 1HR

    Telephone: 020 8871 6840 or 020 8871 6812

    Description: Social housing is housing that is available at low rents from the council and housing associations for people in need.