Moving on to adult care services (transition)

Moving on to adult care services (transition)

Transition is a word sometimes used to mean changing from being a teenager to an adult. As people change many things in life will change too. You get new rights and have new choices to make.

If you're a young person with a disability you may be able to get support to help you transition to adulthood. There could be support to help you into education, work and training, with housing and benefits and more. Transition age usually starts when you're a teenager and ends at around 25. You can find out more by speaking to your key worker or social worker, if you have one, or the people who are currently involved in your support.

Find out more about transitions on the Family Information Service.

care and support

2 Records in Moving on to adult care services (transition) filtered by Client group "older people".

  • Adult social care from Wandsworth Council

    Customer Centre, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU

    Telephone: 020 8871 7707

    Description: We help adults with care and support needs and those who care for them.

  • Assessments for care and support

    Department of Education and Social Services, Customer Centre, Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, Wandsworth, London, SW18 2PU

    Description: If you are an adult living in Wandsworth and you appear to need care and support, we can offer you an assessment of your care and support needs.